Saturday, July 29, 2006

Their last day

It is 2 pm Saturday afternoon. In a couple hours the team will be waking up for their last day to do ministry. It is Sunday there and they will be going to church. I am not sure what other ministry things they have planned today, but the rest of the afternoon/evening will be packing to go home. They will rise very early on Monday morning (there) and heading out to the airport to begin their journey home.

What that means to us is that tomorrow, Sunday, they will take off from Dumaguete at around 4:30pm(our time)and travel for about 24 hours and arrive at LAX at 4:30 pm Monday night.

I know that coming home will be a difficult transition for many of them. They have experienced many things that we at home could never imagine. Please let them share their stories and experiences in their timing. They may want to talk things through, or they may not want to talk at all. Please continue to pray for the whole team. Sometimes, coming home is when the enemy attacks the hardest.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Corey said...

Apparently, your group sat just behind my friend Marilyn last Sunday at church. I mentioned I had been following their blog and was curious if they attended Calvary Chapel. Marilyn said she saw someone with lots of tattoos and another guy who didn't have any hair. Would that be Justin and Jeff? ;)

Reading about their experiences has been a blessing to me. I do have a special place in my heart for the Philippines, and I'm prayerfully seeking His guidance with regards to possible ministry opportunities over there.

Thank you for sharing what the Holy Spirit is doing in that part of the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home